Re: Are Alexa and A9 Dying?

__/ [ z ] on Tuesday 03 October 2006 19:53 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> A9 Search Embraces Live Features
>>
>> Nails on the coffin....
>
> I would be glad to see Amazon.com disappear.  It's a company that has never
> shown a profit, yet leaves behind a trail of destruction of local
> businesses.  Even back in the 90s I remember one great local bookstore in
> the town I lived at the time -- Amazon.com was the last straw and the
> bookstore closed.
>
> A few months ago, when the local music store (CDs) went out of business
> after 30 years, I went into the store and asked them what the reasons were.
> They said the Internet (e.g., Amazon.com) and recent box-store invasion
> (e.g., Walmart) was killing them.  Very sad.
>
> MSN Live (Dead?) Search is crap so maybe this new partnership will benefit
> society in the long run.
>
> :)

I hope you are right. I am sick and tired of these patents that Bezos uses to
protect his 'baby' (e.g. make a purchase with a single click). And don't
worry about profits. *smile* While Amazon might be struggling, Bezos (Bozo?)
hits the top lists in Fortune and Forbes.