Re: Microsoft Has Just Killed my Services and Firefox Extensions

The Ghost In The Machine came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard
a moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/searchinsider/wpn-49-20061002A9SearchEmbracesLiveFeatures.html

http://www.resourceshelf.com/2006/10/01/search-briefs-a9-discontinues-many-features-yahoo-to-open-yahoo-mail-api/

>> Microsoft is paying to shut down its competitors. How the heck is this
>> ethical or even legal? This has eliminated services I depend on
>> (permanently).
>
> I would think it's perfectly legal (though it's hard to
> tell, but unless it's made illegal explicitly how could it
> be illegal unless something in existing law states such?).
> Not sure regarding the ethics and of course it can be
> damned annoying.
>
> In any event, Micro$oft can pay hand$omely enough; it's got
> $billion$ in the $bank.
>
> Ca$h.

Sure. It'll use a few hundred thousand to print off vouchers redeemable
against more Microsoft slopware and tell everyone they're as good as cash.

I'm still trying to find a store that'll let me buy cigarettes on Microsoft
vouchers.

The lying bastards.
--
-*- Linux: Because restarts are for upgrades.
-*- Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no specific purpose,
   but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*-          http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*-                 http://counter.li.org
-*- Microsoft XP is like a box of chocolates. You never know when the steel
   bolts are going to spring out and plunge straight through both cheeks...
-*- We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
-*- Contemplating Knife -*-           Which end do the bullets go in again?
-*- I can't wait to get to heaven and meet seventy virgins - I've yet to
   meet *one* on *Earth*!
-*- For sale: one (1) Fender Phantom air guitar. Â500 ONO
-*- For sale: one (1) Italian WWII bolt-action rifle. .303cal, never fired,
   only dropped once. Offers.
-*- Hit every key to continue.
-*- "Thanks. What sort of candle is this?" "Um... Dee-nah-meetay. Must be
   Italian."
-*- That's it. No more coffee for *that* man!