Re: [News] Firefox flaw overrated

  • Subject: Re: [News] Firefox flaw overrated
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:12:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ arachnid ] on Tuesday 03 October 2006 04:59 \__

<http://news.com.com/Hackers+claim+zero-day+flaw+in+Firefox/2100-1002_3-6121608.html>

<http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2006/10/02/update-possible-vulnerability-reported-at-toorcon/>

>      Update: Possible Vulnerability Reported at Toorcon
>
>      We got a chance to talk to Mischa Spiegelmock, the Toorcon speaker
>      that reported the potential javascript security issue referenced
>      earlier. He gave us more code to work with and also made this
>      statement and agreed to let me post it here:
>
>          The main purpose of our talk was to be humorous.

What happened to "it's impossible to patch"? Or "one can commandeer any Mac,
Linux, or Windows machine"? Sounds to me as thought they were posing. Humour
is only a lame excuse.

Firefox Still Tops IE for Browser Security

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1865087,00.asp?kc=EWEWKEMLP093006BOE1