Re: The difference between Linux and Windows

Roy Schestowitz :
> __/ [ Handover Phist ] on Monday 02 October 2006 17:26 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz :
>>
>> Pirillo has been a Windows support guy for a long time, I'm not
>> surprised he doesn't know much about linux. Most of the stuff on his
>> site is written by others.
>
> He has recently grown jealous of Linux.
>
> Vista's UI is Better Than This!?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Watch and drool. By the way, you can try this on your own PC right now!
>| I'm not yet sure how to unlock every one of these visual effects, but
>| damn - XGL is impressive...
> `----
>
> http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/vistas-ui-is-better-than-this/
>
> More latterly he installed the whole Compix/XGL shebang on his wife/fiancee's
> laptop and was stunned to realise that it wasn't a resource hog either. I
> can't recall how he expressed his feelings, but it was quite the hilarity to
> Linux loyalist. Somewhat akin to a scene where someone frantically bangs on
> a door and kicks it and then another person calms over calmly and opens it
> using the knob. Windows users are used to throwing a lot of brute force at
> the problem. Energy is dispensable in a culture of waste and lavish
> existence. Needless to mention, there are very few people to whom this
> actually translated into profits as opposed to excruciating expenditure.

I remember reading that. Pirillo isn't dumb, he just lacks experience
with Linux (which is rapidly changing I suspect!). I see most of the
comments on that article are asking about requirements to achieve whats
in that video. I could probably do that on my P4 2.8 with NVidia 5900
without any trouble. Unfortunately Vista probably wont run very well on
this machine. I'll have to get Cedega to run Eve Online, which works
nicely :).

--
hubub, hubub, HUBUB, hubub, hubub, hubub, HUBUB, hubub, hubub, hubub.

http://www.websterscafe.com