Re: [News] Microsoft Screws Firefox Users, Again

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Screws Firefox Users, Again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 11:04:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 01 October 2006 06:53 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Mark Kent ] on Saturday 30 September 2006 14:29 \__
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> A version of IE more secure than another version of IE is hardly
>>> anything to shout about.
>>
>> It compromises privacy, too. Do you know that Microsoft intends to
>> optimise search results by tracking pages that IE7 users visit? This
>> translated to complete logs of all traffic on the Web. Its reach is
>> greater than that of Google Analytics which achieves something simila,
>> albeit at a smaller scale. Putting aside data renbtions at ISP level,
>> companies can soon centralise information of the whole Web's traffic,
>> trivailly to be used by a government (subpenea and DoJ warrants). Get your
>> proxies, encrypion, fake query depatch tools and anonymous remailers
>> ready. Oh! And a tinfoil hat, of course!
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinfoil_Hat_Linux
>
> I suspect that promising this kind of information to governments could
> be used as a tool to try to avoid paying the penalities for their
> illegal behaviour.  A bit like being a "supergrass" in the parlance of
> the 70s.  I think the yanks call it plea-bargaining or something like
> that.

Well, Windows has many trap doors, doesn't it? There's your 'plea bargain'.

When Homeland Security issued a warning on behalf of Microsoft it was because
too many crackers had discovered paths to those very same trap doors.

Also see:

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/08/14/microsoft-us-spy/
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/08/13/windows-us-government/