Re: [News] IE7 NOT Ready

  • Subject: Re: [News] IE7 NOT Ready
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:20:59 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:12:40 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:

> flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:49:19 -0700, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>

>>> The same can be said about vulnerable operating systems that
>>> cripple the Internet, let alone make their respective users suffer.
>>> In this case, Web designers are being tormenented and will most
>>> likely lose income.
>
> What kind of parallel Universe does Roy live in? I actually fear for his
> sanity. It is clear he believes all this Doomsday hyperbole he is
> spamming this NG with. It's bloody frightening - he needs help.

For Roy it's a job that pays the bills.
How can he lose?
He's sponging off the schools computers so he doesn't even have to pay for
that.

> Windows is on almost 99% of the worlds desktops and people use it
> without issue day in day out.

Except in COLA where the Linux freaks are always having some major Windows
problem.
See kelsey for details.

> I used it for years with not even a single virus.

I had one a long time ago.

> The guy is living on planet cuckooland.

Along with Mark Kent, Roy Culley and William Poaster.

> Personally I think most people could use Linux now, but they've either
> never heard of it or get scared away by the overzealous nature of the
> people who try to "sell it" to them. Potential new adopters tend to
> shrug their shoulders and say "but Windows worked fine for me" - and
> then, as the Linux geek gets red in the face and calls them "windiots"
> they shuffle backwards (a little scared) and close the door in his face.

Indeed.

Aside from the idiots like Mark Kent turning people off from Linux, the
biggest problem people have with Linux is web pages and multimedia.

Other than that, a configured system is just as easy to use as any
other operating system with a gui.