Re: 64-bit Linux Beats 64-bit Windows

  • Subject: Re: 64-bit Linux Beats 64-bit Windows
  • From: "Wayne McClaine" <gary.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 18 Oct 2006 06:46:17 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Development Overhead?

Because recompiling with the 64-bit flags set to ON is easier done in
the FOSS community than it is inside the cubicle zoos.

It can be done for Linux without needing 18 levels of pointy-haired
middle-management overlooking every change record approval needed to
set the flag inside the compiler.  All that manpower to give the
illusion of competence.....

-Gary