Re: [News] Microsoft Spendings to Increase $1.3 Billion As It Falls Behind

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Spendings to Increase $1.3 Billion As It Falls Behind
  • From: BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:21:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft raises forecast of R&D spending by $1.3 billion
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft is under pressure to show investors it can
> | compete with Google and Yahoo in the Internet search
> | business.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6126788.html
>
> More proof that the company plays catch-up. Many of its competitors
> get better value from Linux and Open Source technology (e.g.
> Oracle, Google, Sony).

The answer is No they can't.

Do I get a bit of that 1.3 billion I just saved them?

Imagine that money given to any of the OS developers and you could imagine
some pretty nifty stuff coming our way. But in MS hands, it's hard to
imagine we will see anything that makes a difference.

Go on then you lot, if you had that money to spend on development what would
you do?