Re: [News] Operating System 'Maintenance'

  • Subject: Re: [News] Operating System 'Maintenance'
  • From: Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:03:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hadron Quark wrote:
BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[H]omer wrote:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Do You Maintain Your OS on a Regular Basis?
Yes, I maintain my Linux systems every second of every day; at least
that's what the mail in my local root mailbox tells me. If it wasn't for
those messages, I wouldn't even know that anything was being maintained.

I have to admit I am much the same these days. I used to read my logs
religiously (on my knees with my bum in the air), but I tend to be very lax
now, just look in when they is already a visible hint of trouble.

But what maintenance did you do on XP?

There you go again, making no sense whatsoever. Look, you have problems that are effecting your concentration, maybe you could take a rest and recover.

This is not a conversation about windows, in fact windows wasn't mentioned until you posted. Just leave us real linux advocates to advocate linux (something you complain about not seeing) in peace.