Re: Linux Developers Receive Sentinel Keys

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> SafeNet Sentinel Hardware Keys for Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | SafeNet has announced the release of Sentinel Hardware Keys for
> | Linux platforms, allowing software developers in the Linux
> | community to protect 32-bit software applications from piracy
> | and implement flexible licensing models.
> `----
>
> http://www.it-observer.com/news.php?id=6898

Hmmmm.... so here we see the Linux equivalent of WGA. Copy protection
that's being used to ensure that people don't illegally copy (read -
pirate) software. Or to paraphrase many other posts... Linux software
that "treats customers as if they were theives."

If done on Windows it's immoral and insulting to the user who bought a
legit copy of the app. But now this is somehow a positive "benefit"
because it's being done on Linux. Put this in the same category as
"RedHat phones home" but that's now a positive thing too.