Re: [News] SPAM Epidemic - Scary News for Linux Mail Servers

  • Subject: Re: [News] SPAM Epidemic - Scary News for Linux Mail Servers
  • From: Brett Ryan <bsryan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:37:05 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
BearItAll wrote:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Email servers will choke, says Spamhaus

,----[ Quote ]
| Spamhaus has a user base of around 650 million, and its
| lists block some fifty billion spams per day, according to
| the project's chief executive, Steve Linford.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/0D57068854E92584CC2572060013C0EF

Its a little unfair I thought, not all MS Win users are zombies. Or did I read it wrong?

Bear,
You know how many computer users out there are Zombies???? I've met a few, and this does not include what computer they are running and what OS is on it. They are just...un-thinking zombies.

"Take mouse, click icon, watch porn, shop on internet, balance books...duh..."

"What! There's no money in the bank account? Who maxed out my credit cards? What happened to my life!"

Amazing what happens to people when they don't think about what they are doing online. They could loose it all real quick due to the amount of fraud and other crazy crap going out there.