Re: this is not the real fuddie

  • Subject: Re: this is not the real fuddie
  • From: Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:51:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:41:11 +0100,
 Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The oneliners, the bad phrasiology. I don't think it's the real him.

It certainly made me wonder about forgeries. I mean, Erik makes some
silly statements from time to time, but this stuff is wierd. I'd expect
it from DFS, FF, or mayb Bailo, but I would have thought Erik a little
more rational than that.

I think he's just trying to make a point. Unfortunately it's not the one he'd like to make.

We all know, despite the wintrolls denying it, that Roys posts are making it harder for them to spread their FUD, I won't go into exactly how it does that since at least one of the wintrolls hasn't figured it out yet, but it is happening.

Erics obvious way to counter that would be to post an equal number of articles with the oposite spin, i.e. pro-windows/anti-linux. For one reason or another he hasn't done that, probably can't find enough articles to do the job.

So he's going for the riskier strategy of simply making more posts than Roy, then he can turn around and say that Roys news posts aren't drowning anybody out and therefore should be stopped.

Or he may simply be trying to devalue the news posts by ensuring there is a worthless reply to each one.

Either way, it's a sign of desperation, for months now this group has been filled with positive linux articles (and unfotunately negative windows ones) with only a few FUD posts showing up here and there. Take a look at google groups for for January this year, before Roy started his news posts, at least 50% of threads were started by trolls.