Re: lets pretend we don't know what the commision has said

  • Subject: Re: lets pretend we don't know what the commision has said
  • From: Jamie Hart <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:04:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/06/979&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en

>> "regulators say .. Microsoft hasn't disclosed enough about the technical
>> languages, known as protocols in engineering parlance, that one machine
>> uses to ask another device to carry out tasks, such as sharing an office
>> printer or dishing out word-processing files stored on a hard drive."
>>
>> http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060713/news_1b13servers.html
>
> "Hasn't disclosed enough" sounds suspiciously like "We don't talk
> enough"... to which the response is "how much is enough?" and the response
> is "You should know that".

No.  The response is, enough so that others can use the specification
provided to connect to services in Microsoft Operating Systems.

That is clear enough for anyone but you, it's not a case of "here's a bit of
the specification, is that enough?" they need to provide a complete
specification.

They have yet to do so.