[News] PalmSource Becomes Access, Concentrates on Linux Devices

PalmSource Now Called Access

,----[ Quote ]
| Access will now fully absorb PalmSource, as it continues to sell the Palm
| OS for mobile handsets against competition like Microsoft's Windows
| Mobile and Symbian's OS.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20061012/tc_pcworld/127487

Related and recent:

Treo going Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Not in the near future, but hopefully soon. As this CNET article
| indicates, PalmSource (Access) is working hard to bring Linux to the
| Palm platform. I'm not sure what has taken it so long - it's been a
| year-and-a-half since PalmSource acquired China MobileSoft as an inroad
| to Linux.
`----

http://asay.blogspot.com/2006/08/treo-going-linux.html

Access frees database filesystem for Linux devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Access/PalmSource has released an SQL-based filesystem for embedded
| devices under the LGPL (Lesser General Public License). Libsqlfs
| implements a POSIX-style hierarchical filesystem as an SQLite database
| file, and was originally developed to provide a registry of system and
| application configuration data for mobile phones, according to
| Access.

ACCESS Linux Platform Named an Orange Approved Platform; Orange Application
Package for ALP Announced

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCESS CO., LTD today announced that Orange has named the Access
| Linux Platform (ALP) as an Orange approved platform across its network.
| In addition, the two companies are working together to develop the
| Orange Application Package for ACCESS Linux Platform-based mobilep
| hones.
`----

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmaddicts/2006/08/access_linux_pl.html

PalmSource Releases Newly Created Software Library to the Open Source
Community

,----[ Quote ]
| "PalmSource built a tremendously strong community around Palm OS®,"
| commented Bill Weinberg, Senior Analyst, Open Source Development Lab
| (OSDL). "Today, their creation of the Linux-based ALP platform and opening
| up libsqlfs (and other projects) demonstrates their capability to
| build communities around embedded software, and their commitment tof
| ree open source software."
`----

                http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060813/sfsu002.html?.v=8

ACCESS and PalmSource Announce the ACCESS Developer Network

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.dmnnewswire.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=56816