Re: Another Ballmer boner

__/ [ ed ] on Thursday 12 October 2006 13:50 \__

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:42:52 +0100
>
>> __/ [ ed ] on Thursday 12 October 2006 13:41 \__
>>
>> > On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:09:11 +0100
>> > Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > ..

>> > SO! /That's/ where 'stan the pre-used coffin' salesman from Monkey
>> > Island came from!
>> >
>> > http://www.scummbar.com/resources/downloads/images/stan.gif
>>
>> *LMAO*
>>
>> Haven't played that game for so long. One of my favourites...
>
> just seen this
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XObuskjLlZE

Seen that before. *grin* But I guess the following won't survive for long
under Google's YouTube regime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFm4Si633P4

Microsoft's Live Search (MSN) used to produce results that were almost
exclusively Windows/Microsoft products when queries for 'sh*t', 'buggy
software', etc. That 'automagically' stopped, which means they hand-tweak
their results to annul the unflattering effect of anchor text. This is
similar to what Google and others already do in China in order to please the
government. But here, on the contrary, the search engine operator changes
results to promote/defend its own agenda. I guess you have seen the recent
buzz about 'Google recommends MSN for "search"' and vice versa, which is
probably due to the fact that the search engine won't refer to self
(exception handling).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
Cpu(s):  24.9% user,   3.2% system,   1.0% nice,  70.9% idle