Re: [News] Hovsepian: 80% of Customers Move Towards Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

__/ [ GreyCloud ] on Wednesday 11 October 2006 17:22 \__

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

CRN Interview: Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian, The First 100 Days

,----[ Quote ]
| CRN: To what extent are you seeing migration from NetWare to Linux?
| | HOVSEPIAN: Eighty percent of customers have moved to OES [Open
| Enterprise Server] contracts, so the good news is they've given us a
| first step of migration to OES, which is a Linux dimension.
`----

http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/breakingnews.jhtml?articleId=193200337&cid=CRNBreakingNews

Help me out here Roy, do  you know of any Linux software that one can
enter sheet music notation which in turn can generate a MIDI file?

I think that Rosengarden is the de facto standard, which equates to Cubase at
some level (or is considered the 'Open Source CuBase'). I read some good
feedback about it, but it's under heavy development, so it might be
incomplete (albeit it matures, which is what matters the most).

http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

KDE (Qt) takes pride in Rosengarden, which seems to remind me of AmaroK.

Ah! Thnx much. Looks pretty good.

-- Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?