Re: Roy Schestowitz: Oh man

Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> cc wrote:
>

> > Sean Inglis wrote:

> >> Nonsense, anyone is free to post here. Roy is certainly prolific, but if
> >> you dislike Roy's posts, filter them out. He has gone to trouble to
> >> ensure that doing this is a trivial matter for anyone truly interested in
> >> doing so.

> >> Your use of the word flood appears pejorative. This group has relatively
> >> low posting activity of any kind compared to many others. The posts Roy
> >> makes are unique (as in they are not continuous repetition of the
> >> same news articles/adverts), relevant and entirely in line with the group
> >> title.
> >>
> >> This group is scarcely "flooded" with messages full stop. Your complaint
> >> seems to centre around the ratio of Roy's posts to the total (modest)
> >> number of posts. It takes about 30 seconds to scan the headers of a full
> >> day's worth and decide which you want to read. If you find this too
> >> onerous, sort by poster and scan Roy's separately. There are a number of
> >> simple solutions to your "problem".
> >>

> > Here's a simple solution : as advocated by Hadron : colons in his honor
> > : post a fricking digest. How hard is it to make 1 post at the end of
> > the day with all the days news? A lot easier than all of us setting up
> > killfiles and filters and crap like that. You know what happens if you
> > go Hadron's way? Everyone wins! Imagine that. People who enjoy reading
> > the useless news can still read the useless news, people who don't can
> > skip it very easily. I fail to see how this doesn't benefit everyone.
>
> You missed one vital thing: Hadron Quark is a wintroll. A nasty one
> Another thing you totally missed: The linux advocates in this group *want*
> it the way it is now.
>
> Got it?
>
> You windows lovers simply are not in any position to change this group
> according to your whims
> --
> Warning: You have moved the mouse.
> Windows will reboot now to make the change permanent

I don't know what a wintroll is, but I do know Hadron is an idiot. A
good point is still a good point regardless of who says it. *The* linux
advocates in this group don't want it this way, *some* linux advocates
do. Some are just as pissed off about it as me.

I also do not love Windows. I don't love Linux. I use a variety of OSes
in my daily work, but I don't have a particular attachment to any. I
love titties though.