Re: [News] Hovsepian: 80% of Customers Move Towards Linux

OK wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:21:15 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>CRN Interview: Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian, The First 100 Days
>>
>>,----[ Quote ]
>>| CRN: To what extent are you seeing migration from NetWare to Linux?
>>|
>>| HOVSEPIAN: Eighty percent of customers have moved to OES [Open
>>| Enterprise Server] contracts, so the good news is they've given us a
>>| first step of migration to OES, which is a Linux dimension.
>>`----
>>
>>http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/breakingnews.jhtml?articleId=193200337&cid=CRNBreakingNews
>
> 80% of the *remaining* 2% customers... 98% of the original Netware
> user base having migrated to Windows NT (starting with 3.5) many years
> ago.

And regretting every day of it

I know some Netware customers who got succered by the MS-reps lies
In one case a single netware server had to be replaced by 4 ( *four!!* )
NT-servers to handle the exact same load. Needless to say, the 4
NT-machines were much faster hardware
In that case, when the MS-stooges were unable to get some token-performance
out of their shitty OS, they could pack all their stuff after the netware
server was restarted

Last I heard was that it was replaced 4 years ago. By a linux server (and a
backup-machine, identically configured)
--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.