[News] Apple, Intel, and Proprietary Media/TV

Intel Wants Its Cake Both Ways

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm a big fan of open standards myself, and would be happy to see
| Apple's closed platform opened up so I could buy songs through iTunes
| and play them on my Creative (Nasdaq: CREAF) Zen media player. Intel
| is in a position to push Apple into licensing its FairPlay digital
| rights management scheme to Viiv devices. Giving Apple a free pass
| while everyone else is supposed to get in line makes Intel look like
| a wishy-washy turncoat that doesn't really believe in its own product.
|
| [...]
|
| ...Which will it be, Intel: open or closed? Standardized or
| proprietary? Chocolate or strawberry?
`----

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2006/mft06101016.htm?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y
http://tinyurl.com/pb2yo

Again, Intel proves to be "an Open Source fraud". As de Raadt said, Intel is
'open'...... for business. The article mentions the Japanese and open
standards (context being the double-faced Intel). Here are some references:

Electronics firms plan Internet televisions

,----[ Quote ]
| The new televisions will use Linux operating systems instead of
| Microsoft Windows, it added. That feature is aimed at cutting the time
| needed to boot up and reducing the risk of virus infection.
`----

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Parody_of_Al_Gore_Film_tied_0803.html#comments

TV Makers to Collaborate on Internet TV Standards

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://informitv.com/articles/2006/08/05/internettvplans/