[News] Windows Vista Replaced by Debian Linux

Why I installed debian over my copy of vista rc2

,----[ Quote ]
| I was bored. Terribly bored. Bored of Five years of the same goddamn
| desktop. The blue and the green and the supposed eye candy...
|
| (Vista:) The installation was more or less straightforward except for
| the partitioning, which was absolutely terrible. Despite the eye candy,
| I had difficulty finding the disk/partition options to allow me to format
| it, which didn't give me any warning about the data that's being erased.
| It didn't make it clear which hard drive and label of the partition
| that's being erased...
|
| After what seemed like ages I was at the desktop. 'Pretty impressive' I
|  thought to myself. Two completely useless sidebar widgets one for the
| time and a scratch pad. I had trouble looking for drivers when none of
| my drivers installed...
`----

http://www.anirudhsanjeev.org/why-i-installed-debian-over-my-copy-of-vista-rc2/

Also see:

Vista scoots to new boot, but it's still kinda rooted

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.apcstart.com/site/akidman/2006/09/1656/vista-scoots-to-new-boot-but-its-still-kinda-rooted