Re: How did Roy miss this bit of [News]?

  • Subject: Re: How did Roy miss this bit of [News]?
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 28 Oct 2006 06:03:17 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> How did Roy miss this bit of [News]?

He didn't miss this bit of news at all. I'm absolutely certain that he
saw it and if had been some MS related product he would have reported
it along with a few dozen links to "this reminds me of..."

> Ubuntu Edgy Upgrades a Disaster for many

He's not intersted in advocacy (ie - Helping others.) If he were he
would have posted this story so that any Linux user could have been
informed about potential problems and have been prepared to deal with
them.

Unfortunately 'advocates' (and I use this term lightly) like Roy could
care less about actually helping out other Linux users and warning them
about a portential problem. They are more interested in posting
non-relevant stories like "Jim Allchin: "Windows Vista Has Been Done
Two and a Quarter Years" which is certainly less useful to a Linux user
than upgrade issues with Ubuntu.

It's sad what passes for "advocacy" these days.