Some Rants

I'm going on vacation for several days, so I thought I'd post some articles I
found this morning. I think they explain why stupidity, greed and innocence
of the average customer (sheep/"cattle effect") have led us to this
ambitious drive for independence (Freedom for the customer).

Politicians just don't get IT

,----[ Quote ]
| The president replied that he does use "the Google" (his words) on
| occasion to "pull up maps" -- "I forgot the name of the program, but
| you get the satellite ..." -- for viewing his ranch.
|
| This exchange has prompted chuckles among techies and non- across the
| Internets -- another famous reference by Bush from 2004. (More
| troubling to me in that CNBC interview is Bush's admission that he
| will not use e-mail: "I don-t e-mail, because of the different
| record requests that can happen to a president.")
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/techwatch/archives/008606.html

Also yesterday:

BBC abandons science

,----[ Quote ]
| BBC TV's venerable science flagship, Horizon, has had a
| rough ride as it tries to gain a new audience. It's been
| accused of "dumbing down".
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/27/bbc_horizon/

DRM madness makes being legal difficult