Re: [News] Dell CEO Sez Vista Needs 2 Gigabytes of RAM

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Vista Runs Smooth Only on 2G Memory
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| However, Dell CEO Kevin Rollins suggested otherwise on
>| Thursday, 26 Oct at a speech at Shanghai's Jiaotong
>| University. "I think they tell you maybe 1 gig of memory
>| is OK. No, two gigs of memory would be great."
>|
>| This echoes with my own experience with Vista RC2. With
>| only 1G of RAM, there are many disk activities indicating
>| heavy disk swap, a symptom of lack of memory in the
>| system.
> `----
>
> http://www.itechnote.com/2006/10/27/vista-runs-smooth-only-o
> n-2g-memory/
>
> Geez. If only the folks who use SUSE heard this...
>
> Linux can run gracefully with 128MB of RAM. I have 256MB at
> home. <SNIP>

So, Vista bogs down at 1 GB RAM, recommended is 2 GB for
sweet operation, which reminds me.  I vaguely remember this
argument:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/tree/b
rowse_frm/thread/fb72e4f6a30d411a/8ab7a24da4ce70d5?rnum=11&a
mp;hl=en&q=vista+funkenbusch+%22high+plains%22+microsoft
+requirements&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fcomp.os.linux.advocacy%2F
browse_frm%2Fthread%2Ffb72e4f6a30d411a%2F0519d7b5d0eb4cf5%3F
lnk%3Dst%26q%3Dvista+funkenbusch+%22high+plains%22+microsoft
+requirements%26rnum%3D1%26hl%3Den%26

or

http://tinyurl.com/y6hw53