Re: [News] More Void Promises from Gates

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:01:33 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

>>| According to Bill Gates, there will be no more car
>>| accidents within 10 years. This is a direct statement
>>| from the software giant himself.
>
> Mr Gates really does seem to have lost any grip on reality.

Or, the quote is wrong.  Read the article, that's not what he said.  He
said:

"One of the Microsoft researchers has a goal that there be no car wrecks,
no crashes of cars, because by having software that can take over whenever
a driver makes a mistake."

A Microsoft researcher has a goal that tere be no car wrecks, not that
there will be no car wrecks.

Also, I can't find anything in the quote that says 10 years either, though
the article claims he said 10 years, although the phrase 23 years is used,
though i'm not sure what he means by it.

Can anyone else figure out how the articles author comes to this conlusion?