Re: Metisse Returns with More Linux UI Innovation

  • Subject: Re: Metisse Returns with More Linux UI Innovation
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 25 Oct 2006 07:42:50 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
> "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Mark Kent wrote:
> >> I think you expect from Erik more than he's able to deliver.  Clearly,
> >> he's been tasked with undermining Roy's on-topic news posts, so he's
> >> trying everthing he can to do that.  I'm glad I'm not owned.
> >

> > I'm glad that I'm not stupid enough to actually think that everyone who
> > disagrees with me is on some payroll and is "owned" and "tasked" to
> > post. Only a fool with a tin-foil helmet would believe something so
> > ridiculous.
>
> Indeed.  The idea that MS pays Erik or other strange persons around
> here is simply laughable.
>
> I know that corporations often react stupidly to what they regard as
> threats.  But not even MS is so paranoid to believe that COLA matters.

I'm glad to see that at least some other people here "get it" because I
thought I was going crazy for a moment. I've seen several accusations
of Erik/DFS/Flatfish/Myself/whoever actually getting "paid" to post
here which I find completely insane.

For the past 4 months I've averaged 16 posts/week. And there are
actually people out there that believe that this somehow provides a
living for myself and my family? I read and post in COLA for exactly
one reason and one reason only; It's amusing. Anyone who thinks that
what gets posted here in COLA matters enough to change the landscape of
computing needs a reality check.

- LQ