[News] Munich's Mayor on Linux Migration: "We're Very Happy With the Results So Far"

  • Subject: [News] Munich's Mayor on Linux Migration: "We're Very Happy With the Results So Far"
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 25 Oct 2006 03:22:45 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Munich mayor: Full speed ahead to open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Although numerous other European cities are closely
| following the LiMux project, Hoegner is hesitant to
| estimate how many will ever take the leap and deploy
| open source on a large scale. "Politicians don't know
| enough about open source and are worried about making
| a mistake," he said. "Believe me, my head would have
| been on the block if things had backfired here."
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/10/24/HNmunichopensource_1.html?source=rss&url=http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/10/24/HNmunichopensource_1.html
http://tinyurl.com/yck48j

Munich is merely a trailblazer. More cities countries will soon follow.
Some already have.