Re: The Viral Marketing Campaign Begins

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Clearification just got a whole lot clearer
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It's been nearly two weeks since I first reported
> | about Microsoft's viral marketing campaign for Windows
> | Vista called Clearification. Back then, the relationship
> | between the campaign and Windows Vista was extremely
> | vague and confusing. But now, Clearification has just
> | posted the second installment of the "Demetri Martin
> | finds Clearification" videos. Everything is clearer
> | now.
> `----
>
> http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061023/clearification-ep2/
>
> How long before Vista is shoved onto Oprah's favourites list (based on
> something Softies have actually said)? A $900 million marketing budget
> sure helps a lot. Also recall that "What if Microsoft designed the
> iPod" video, which was secretly produced and spread by Microsoft's
> marketing department. Some more examples below:

A $900 million dollar marketing budget is nothing. There are over
thirty (30) companies who spent over $1 BILLION dollars in marketing
last year. GM and Proctor and Gamble spent over $4 billion on
advertising alone.

Interesting factoid... it's estimated that US companies will spend
approx $653 Billion dollars on marketing in 2006. That's over $2000 for
every man, women and child in the country.