Re: [News] Video on the Impact of Linux and Open Source

  • Subject: Re: [News] Video on the Impact of Linux and Open Source
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:34:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Marshall ] on Sunday 22 October 2006 18:36 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Digital Tipping Point 4 min proof of concept
>>
>> Uploaded a few days ago.
>>
>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=nC4mB-_bnk4
>>
>> Gates paraquoted:
>>
>> "a monopoly is broken when the rival gets past 20% market share"
>>

> Is there more to that? I'd kind of like to share the clip in my circles
> but to be honest I'm a bit underwhelmed with the presentation of what
> they had there. I think it could be better. Mostly what I am saying is
> that I think it lacks punch because of poor editing.

> I just went and searched for the site. It seems that there is much more
> coming. I hope they get some people on it with some good editing skills
> that understand flow, context and building to a point. I'd also like to
> know who all the speakers are, I hate to see good material squandered.
>
> On the plus side I did hear some powerful points made.

I thought the same thing. It was a half-cooked prosentation. I did, however,
enjoy seeing one of my favourite singers sing praises about Open Source. I
have known for a while that he was a prominent advocate of Free software. I
think he is in good terms with Stallman who speaks fluent Spanish... don't
know about Portuguese...