Re: [News] Purdue U. and Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Purdue U. and Linux
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:05:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> Purdue University Expands Advanced Computing Resources With SGI
> Technology
>
> "Linux was an important part of our decision because
> our current resources are Linux-based. We don't want
> to have to learn another operating system."
>
>                         --interim executive director of the
>      Rosen Center for Advanced Computing, Purdue University
>
> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/72056/index.html

Ahh, more evidence of tipping point.  This is the social networking one
- we're now at a point where everyone knows /someone/ who uses linux,
  or, at worst, knows someone who knows someone.

As the Exec Director says, if you're already linux, learning something
else would be a huge waste of effort and resources.

I'll show you MY telex number if you show me YOURS ...