[News] Desktop Environments War Similar to O/S Rivalry

Editor's Note: The Four L's

,----[ Quote ]
| I have come to learn to expect such behavior, even though
| I may not understand it. Such are my feelings regarding
| the current rash of KDE/GNOME bashing going on in various
| blogs and forums. It seems that you can't post an article
| about either desktop, however benign, without some yokel
| using the opportunity to flame the other environment.
|
| [...]
|
| I am beginning to believe the real reason is fear.
|
| Fear of commitment on the part of the applications
| developers: If I code my app for GNOME, will all of
| those KDE user not use my application?
|
| Fear of obscurity on the part of the environment
| developers: If KDE "wins" the desktop wars, what
| happens to all of my work as a GNOME developer?
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2006-10-20-020-26-OP-DT-DV

This also explains why this newsgroups suffers from Wintroll
infestation. Linux and Apple kill the Microsoft ecosystem.
The Wintrolls' involvement is merely an act of self defence.