[News] Microsoft Taking Over US Schools Now?!?!?!

Microsoft-Designed School Opens in Philadelphia

The Philadelphia Experiment: Microsoft-Designed School Opens

,----[ Opening paragraph ]
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates has famously called high schools "obsolete"
| and warned about their effect on U.S. competitiveness. Now, his company has
| a chance to prove that it can help fix the woes of public education.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060907/school_of_the_future.html?.v=1

To rephrase, I guess that Bill Gates should also call the IT industry
"obsolete" and warms about Microsoft's effect on competitiveness (or lack
thereof). Now, his company can complete screw up public education, vacuuming
parents' school fees and teaching children how to cope with viruses.

I thought that Microsoft urging OEM's to design machines that are
Vista-lookaline was bad enough, not to mention stories like this:

Welcome to college, here's your Windows Live account

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, in an attempt to spread the word about Windows Live, has struck
| a deal with 72 colleges all across the world. And what is this said deal?
| The colleges have agreed to let Microsoft host their students'
| e-mail accounts.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2006/4/23/3719

Filthy. Ugly.