Re: [News] Microsoft's Tactics Drive Loyal Windows User to Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 08 September 2006 09:27 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ alt ] on Thursday 07 September 2006 04:28 \__

>>> We figure he's paid. Why else would anyone advocate an inferior system?
>>
>> It was true then (OS/2) and it's true now.
>>
>> http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html
>>
>> "Some years back, Microsoft practiced a lot of dirty tricks using online
>> mavens to go into forums and create Web sites extolling the virtues of
>> Windows over OS/2. They were dubbed the Microsoft Munchkins, and it was
>> obvious who they were and what they were up to. But their numbers and
>> energy (and they way they joined forces with nonaligned dummies who liked
>> to pile on) proved too much for IBM marketers, and Windows won the
>> operating-system war through fifth-column tactics"
>>
>> They don't even deny it. Then again, what would you expect from people
>> whose profile says "occupation: geek". It's propaganda in disguise.
>>

> A very thin disguise indeed...

Note that the trolls (this one in particular) will never post to deny or
challenge this accusation. Consent through silence.

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S