Re: KDE Show desktop Dual Monitors

__/ [ Flamer ] on Thursday 07 September 2006 05:15 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Flamer ] on Friday 01 September 2006 00:40 \__
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Is there a way to make the 'show desktop' icon only minimise monitor 1
>> > and not the windows on monitor 2?
>>
>> The workspace is joined, so I very much doubt an option for this exists
>> (unlss you hack the source code). However, what is it you are trying to
>> achieve? Reveal only icons on the left where they reside? It sounds as
>> though virtual desktops could achieve the same thing. Have a vacant
>> virtual desktop and rather than hit CTRL+ALT+D, hit e.g. CTRL+F8 to reach
>> a vacant desktop. Return to your busy workspace using, e.g. CTRL+F1.
>>
>> I don't know if that helps at all...
>>
>> Roy
>
> what i want to achieve is have one monitor as my everything monitor,
> open windows, minimise all windows on etc, the second monitor i have a
> monitoring system on it, it stays there doesnt move, dont use the
> monitor for anything else, its just a little annoyance that i can put
> up with if i have to but i would rather my monitoring system wasnt
> minimised as well when i hit the show desktop button.
>
> Flamer.

May I ask if you monitor your computer system, e.g. network and resources, as
opposed to some system that's running at work and you supervisor? There are
system monitors that are dockable. KSysGuard is one such monitor that I
always keep in sight (one for current loads and one for historical plot). I
notice that setting windows to "always on top" doesn't help either.
CTRL+ALT+D will minimise them. See if advanced/custom windows options
(Exists in recent versions of KDE) has an option somewhere. The
choices/possibilities there are infinite.

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S