Re: [News] Linux Comes to Another 1200 Schools

__/ [ High Plains Thumper ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 09:54 \__

http://www.uplug.org/wordpress/2006/09/05/cict-to-deploy-linux-on-1200-schools/

>> Linux adoption has become an reminiscent of the 'avalanche effect'. Its
>> pace is accelerating. But, hey, Microsoft doesn't care about installed
>> based. It continues to intimidate OEM's in order to flaunt "market share"
>> and confuse (disinform) people.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Installed_base
>
> No wonder, to them a sale is marked by the new PC tax enforced on Major
> builders, whether or not owner in return replaces with another OS.

I forgot to mention that it not only confuses the customer, whether a
business or a home user. It also confuses developers who, in turn, might
choose not to port their game/program to GNU/Linux. It's a chicken and egg
situation and Microsoft is, as you said, a fox that's guarding the henhouse.

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
Tasks: 133 total,   1 running, 130 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie