Re: [News] HappyPenguin Adds New Game - Alien Area 2007

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Tuesday 05 September 2006 18:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Bobbie
> <bobbie4R3MOV3TH1S@xxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:37:23 GMT
> <pan.2006.09.05.04.37.21.950414@xxxxxxx>:
>> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:18:39 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Alien Arena 2007 Released (Free)
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://happypenguin.org/newsitem?id=6803
>>> http://red.planetarena.org/
>>>
>>> Installation/download available as executable (/a la/ Google Earth) or
>>> RPM.
>>
>> And don't forget to set the x-bit and be sure to use the CLI even if it's
>> not required.
>>

> Exactly!  Instead, remain on Windows Vista, where installation of new
> games is so simple even a remotely-administered virus can do it, and
> there are a plethora of games available:
>
> - Find the file.  Now where did I put that important report?
>   And why is that doggie in the window chewing on it?
> - Blue Screen Avoidance.  Endless fun!
> - Network Nuttiness.  Your task is to try to figure out why your
>   network is always so busy, between the patches and the virus
>   attacks.
> - Paging Doctor Filesystem.  Using a combination of defragmentation,
>   RAM upgrades, and closing applications, try to keep your disk from
>   overheating.
> - Oops, It Rebooted Again.  Restore your desktop after the random
>   reboots.  Fun for the whole family.
>
> Microsoft Window Vista(tm).  The OS That Can Play With Everything(tm).

Almost.

http://www.apcstart.com/site/dwarne/2006/08/1139/microsoft-cuts-another-feature-full-hd-playback-in-32bit-vista

There was a misinterpretation, but no doubt there were some thoughts about
limiting capabilities... to properly run OpenGL, or Java, or open ODF, etc.

Open or inter-platform technology is only madeaccessible when the competition
or penetration is high enough to force inclusion. There is no civility and
no free lunch.

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
Tasks: 124 total,   2 running, 121 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie