Re: [News] Corporations That Don't Give Platform Freedom

On or about 2006-09-05 Tuesday 14:56, I did witness the following events
concerning Hadron Quark:

http://www.cooltechzone.com/Departments/Featured_Story/Platform_Flexibility%3A_Corporations_Are_Not_To_Be_Blamed_200609052535/1/

>> The article defends the wrong side (blissful ignorance) and makes false
>> assumptions.
>
> How ridiculously "elitits" and ignorant of the real world.
>
> The *reason* these "technical elite" are generally TOLD what to use is
> that the company does know best. It has paid for support licensing, it
> paid for a due diligence, it needs things compatible across boundaries.
>
> 9/10 times someone thinks he's "elite", he  isnt : he just some bad
> smelling hippy with an Ego the size of his pizza fueled pot belly.
>
> The *real* Elite request from the management what they need and the good
> management will grant his request if it all feasible : and often that
> might require emplying a polyversity dweeb to clean up after him.

no, the real Elite go to management and tell them what they need to get the
job done. The good management will sit down with the engineer and go
through what's needed and why, and the pros and cons of going with
something they need to acquire rather than what's already available, and a
compromise is struck. OK, sometimes it does mean the engineer getting
everything on his wishlist, sometimes it ends up the engineer recycling
assets. I generally like to recycle assets. Being an Elite /and/ a manager,
I have the responsibility to myself to fulfil both roles, making my
decision process that much more stressful. Helps that some of my associates
are also either managers or nerds so I can talk to them about what I need,
and they can offer me directions I wouldn't otherwise have thought of.
--
I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
events mentioned therein.