Re: [News] IE7 Pwned

__/ [ High Plains Thumper ] on Tuesday 05 September 2006 11:59 \__

> Mark Kent wrote:
>> Handover Phist espoused:
>>> Mark Kent :

>>> Since the domain has been held by the same person/company since 1999, I
>>> dont think the MS lawyers are going to have an easy time of it
>>
>> These are the same lawyers for the same company that considers itself
>> above the law.  They'll just throw cash it this until they've bribed
>> enough people to get what they want.
>
> I thought this incident demonstrated Microsoft as a bully:
>
> http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/internet/0,39044246,39393448,00.htm
>
> | Microsoft puts cybersquatters on notice
> | By Anne Broache, CNET News.com
> | Wednesday, August 23 2006 11:22 AM
>
> | Microsoft also earned notoriety in 2004 over reports that it had
> | threatened a 17-year-old Canadian student named Mike Rowe to turn over
> | the domain name MikeRoweSoft.com. After admitting it had been
> | overaggressive in its handling of the situation, the company reached
> | an agreement with Rowe, who ceded control of the site in exchange for
> | various Microsoft services including a new Xbox game system.
>
> Guy used his first name and last name with word soft for software.  It
> sounded similar to Microsoft when pronounced, but the student certainly
> wasn't a competitor to Microsoft.

The RIAA and MS should wed. They are a pefect match. Speaking of bullying,
Miceosoft is known to have bullied OEM's and businesses, as well as
extorting, threatening, and perverting justice. This is happening at present
despite the *bless thy lord* Tweleve Tenets. Bullying and lobbying. That's
what Microsoft has always been about.

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
Swap:  1036184k total,   403588k used,   632596k free,   110320k cached