Re: Rant: Some people Windows... and Linux users suffer

alt :
> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:12:23 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> (1) That must be well over a million pounds, which could help lecturers
>> get a decent wage. There is equally-capable free open source software,
>> which encourages collaboration -- a key area in research and learning. (2)
>> 9 in 10 Windows PC's is infected with spyware. (3) 80% of all SPAM is sent
>> from hijacked Windows PC's.
>
> That last item is what really toasts my bagel.... It is unconscionable
> that Microsoft has been allowed to get away with producing such garbage to
> the detriment of the rest of the world. They cost me on average 10-20
> hours a week fine tuning my filtering rules just so I - and the companies
> I do work for - can receive email.

Every morning my servers send me log files, and every morning I send
spam reports to ISPs. It's become a part of my routine and I really wish
it wasn't. That and brute force attacks through ssh burn my biscuits.

--
Croll's Query:
	If tin whistles are made of tin, what are foghorns made of?

http://www.websterscafe.com