Re: Buying old domain names

  • Subject: Re: Buying old domain names
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 04:37:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Jezsta Web Productions ] on Monday 04 September 2006 02:56 \__

> "z" <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> What is the use of buying expired domain names?  I'm about to pay a bit of
>> money for my first expired domain name and I'm wondering if there is going
>> to be a head start with it...
>
> If you catch them before they are totally expired then you get the IBL's.
>

>> Do the existing IBLs count for anything if the subject matter is exactly
>> the
>> same as the previous site?  Or do you just benefit from the clickthroughs
>> from other sites?  I'm assuming Google is resetting the PR to zero,
>> although it is still showing PR...
>
> Yes, and the PR. What happens is that it never actually expires. If it does
> expire then everything is reset.
>
> Stacey

You can also find deleted domains in < http://whois.net/ >, but there is no
easy way to find which one were merely parked and which one had 'energy'
accumulated. If the domain is not expired as far as a search engine is
concerned, there is also the issue of host swapping. It indicates
hands-changing, which is an orange flag.