Re: [News] Internet Explorer 7 is Spyware

On or about 2006-09-02 Saturday 14:31, I did witness the following events
concerning [H]omer:

> BearItAll wrote:
>
>> It just occured to me reading this and Thumper's post. I wonder if it is
>> valid to buy a lot of XP software to put into the company safe so that
>> for the next few years companies can ignore the higher cost of Vista
>> machines?
>>
>> As far as I know there isn't a 'Use By Date' on software boxes.
>
> No, but there is an EOL for support, and remember, legal copies of XP
> must be activated by Microsoft; who's to say how MS might try to coerce
> their customers in the future.

think about it for half a second: WPA is Microsoft's second most powerful
kill switch. They could quite easily pull the plug on that and force anyone
trying a reinstall to buy Vista (and the requisite hardware that goes with
it).

Or, if they're smart like me, give MS the finger and go Linux.

:)
--
I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
events mentioned therein.