Re: Microsoft Flushes Live Search (Or "Windows Live is Dead")

On or about 2006-09-02 Saturday 08:38, I did witness the following events
concerning Mark Kent:

http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/searchinsider/wpn-49-20060901WindowsLiveSearchVanishes.html

>> Another miserable failure. I'm sure Microsoft will put a spin on that,
>> just as it defends the colossal losses on the XBox 360 and denies the
>> 30-50% failures rates
>>
>> As I mentioned earlier, Microsoft claims that only 1 in 50 Windows PC's
>> has malware. Other studies estimate it's more like 8/9 out of 10. Money
>> can earn a timeslot for disinformation, as always.
>
> That's the kind of claim I'd expect them to make, indeed, I could
> readily imagine Tim Smith or Erik F or billwg!!! coming up with the same
> kind of tosh, and then wondering why nobody believes them.  Oh yeah,
> then they'll slag-off the on-topic posters in the hope of gaining some
> credibility for their off-topic material...

my 2p:

in my years of experience of servicing Windows boxes (thankfully now behind
me!) I have /never/ had a box in which /didn't/ have some sort of malware
infestation. EVERY SINGLE MICROSOFT BOX I've ever serviced, the first thing
I've had to do was clean the fscking thing out. I'd guess somewhere between
40-50% of the time I've looked at the long list of malware processes
running in Task Manager and decided I'd be quicker spending the next four
hours REINSTALLING the thing!
--
I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
events mentioned therein.