[News] Sending Perfectly-Capable PC's to the Dumpster

Old PCs a Growing IT Headache

,----[ Quote ]
| Many older systems will start looking a bit creaky next year. In early
| 2007, Microsoft's delivery of its next-generation operating system, Vista,
| will be in full force and many older PCs won't have the specs to run it
| effectively.
|
| "Vista's one of those events that cause a refresh cycle," said O'Grady.
| "We see the newer, 64-bit and dual-core systems ready for Vista and the
| degradation of older assets will follow."
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3629541

A culture of waste makes the vendors happy, at the expense of people's wallet
and the environment. Similar scenario in the fashion industry.