Re: [News] Even Paris Hilton Advocates GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] Even Paris Hilton Advocates GNU/Linux
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:28:04 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:44:06 +0000, Sinister Midget wrote:

> On 2006-08-31, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
>> Paris Hilton Releases Tinkerbell Linux
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The Linux world grew by yet another distribution this summer, as Paris
>>| Hilton announced the release of Tinkerbell Linux.
>>|
>>| [...]
>>|
>>| Many Linux users said they appreciate the exposure a star like Paris Hilton
>>| can give to the Linux movement, and added that they can "appreciate someone
>>| who can compile without panties on."
>> `----
>>
>> http://bbspot.com/News/2006/08/paris-hilton-tinkerbell-linux.html
>>
>> Definitely worth a glance!
>
> This isn't a /good/ thing!
>
> The last thing that almost turned me against linux was the discovery
> that Wil Wheaton (Star Trek TNG, an obnoxious kid) uses it. It nearly
> made me vomit, hold my nose and head back to Windross. I finally
> decided that maybe he'd grown up and taken some 'normal' lessons
> someplace.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000696/
> http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/cast/bio/114117.html
> http://www.wilwheaton.net/mt/archives/001117.php
>
> Paris is another nudge in the wrong direction IMHO.

I always knew deep down that there was hope for you Sinister Midget!

I saw Paris and her sister buzzing along the Long Island Expressway a
couple of weeks ago driving a drop top Mercedes Sports car of some
sort.... I'll admit the thought did occur to me to follow her and get an
autograph, but then again I am kind of a hypochondriac and nervous about
what might hop off of her.

The car looked like low mileage, but Paris?
That odometer has been rolled many times......