Re: I was TRICKED into Linux

"Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:l2mst3-0uu.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
begin  oe_protect.scr

It seems like it might a faker. Look at the headers. I sentence such as "I
couldn't even go into X" strikes a bell. Windows convert and reference to X?
As opposed to GUI-OS-SECURITY-KERNEL all-in-one mishmash-blob? Troll or
flamebait? Take a peek.

Of course it's a troll. If he truly didn't know anything about linux, he'd not know what X be anyway. Same old stuff. Post some more News, everyone!

I'm a Windows user, and I claim to "not know much" about Linux, but I know what X is. Sort of. It's somewhere between the Kernel and KDE/Gnome, right? Like KDE/Gnome is built on top of X or something, right? And if your cursor is an "X" instead of a mouse cursor, and the background is that black and white tile pattern, you know you managed to get into X, but not into KDE/Gnome, right?

There's a big gap between knowing what X is, and knowing what to do if you can't get X to start. Replace "X" with "a car", "a computer", "a helicopter", "a NASA Space Shuttle", etc. and you'll see it's not surprising or unusual for this sort of gap to exist either.

- Oliver