Re: [News] FVWM Makes a Comeback with Crystal

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Linonut ] on Saturday 16 September 2006 18:17 \__
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>> wisdom:
>>
>>> FVWM-Crystal -- speed and transparency
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://polishlinux.org/apps/fvwm-crystal-speed-and-transparency/
>>
>> Not a bad look!
>
> I suggested that he also mentions Metisse, which was implemented on top of
> FVWM a long, long time before Compiz/XGL surfaced or was even conceived.
>
> http://www-ihm.lri.fr/metisse/
>
> xfce, gnome, fluxbox, kde and other can never truly match the beauty of
> enlightenment. But it's a matter of taste, of course.
>
> http://www.enlightenment.org/Enlightenment/Screenshots/
>
> http://www.elivecd.org/gb/Main/Screenshots/
>
> I used to be using Enlightenment for years. I then found the /powers/ of KDE
> and GNOME (under SUSE and Red Hat), which can be customised to be pretty as
> well.

I used fvwm for a long time on a 486 with 12Meg of Ram.  Ran Netscape
3.1 fine, and it could even playback small videos :-)  That would be in
debian bo days.

In Minnesota they ask why all football fields in Iowa have artificial turf.
It's so the cheerleaders won't graze during the game.