Re: Is Microsoft trying to kill Firefox?

__/ [ Big Bill ] on Sunday 17 September 2006 07:53 \__

> On 17 Sep 2006 05:39:33 GMT, John Bokma <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>"Anders" <anders_lindman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> My conspiracy theory is that Microsoft has infiltrated the Firefox
>>> developer community to confuse it and mess it up, while at the same
>>> time pushing for Internet Explorer to be the only browser being able to
>>> view new content on the web - such as videos and interactive web sites
>>> - in a complete way.

Corruption of standards is nothing new. In fact, even as IE7 is being
developed, one of the developers confesses that management involves
"unethical shitheads", as he calls them, who deliberately design the browser
in a way that will stifle competition, by deliberatelynot obeying or
'extending' standards. This makes parts of e Web compatible with only one
platform and one Web browser. Atlas is rumoured to develop this hypothesis
further, being no exception to ActiveX controls.

>>OMG! First of all, you really think this (ais-e) is the right place for
>>conspiracy theories?
>
> Maybe it's a plot!

Well, since I've already bitten the bait, I might as well point out that
Microsoft delivers IE7 to all Windows XP users as a high priority 'security'
update. To many, this is clearly a case of anti-competitive practices. But
what /else/ is new under the sun?

As as for Mozilla's involvements with Microsoft, the development focus is
shifted /away/ from other platforms, whose platform-specific bugs and
patches are neglected.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 137 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie