Re: [News] Nintendo's Linux-based Gaming Console Ready by Christmas

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Saturday 16 September 2006 01:00 \__

<http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/28/joystiq-poll-will-the-ps3-price-affect-your-console-combo/>

> but the results page is no longer available.  However, a copy of the
> results is here:
>
> <http://www.houseofnintendo.com/50226711/wii_pwns_joystiq_poll.php>

It must be an highly-acclaimed survey if it got itself a mirror.

> The 19776 votes broke down as follows:
>
>      8%     PS3 and Wii
>     45%             Wii and 360
>      2%     PS3         and 360
>      6%     PS3 and Wii and 360
>     28%             Wii
>      5%     PS3
>      6%                     360

The site's visitors will most likely be heavy gamers. The standard family
with kids that are two young to surf the Web and explore gaming news could
attest otherwise.

> Looking at this by system:
>
>     87%     At least a Wii
>     59%     At least a 360
>     21%     At least a PS3
>
> I couldn't find any place that still had the poll results from *before* E3,
> so this is just from memory, but I think it was much more even between the
> PS3 and the 360, and the Wii, while still high, wasn't so dominant.

At least they are all there. There's *gasp* competition. But selling many
units without profits (bearing in my the 'Trojan horse' long-term gain) is
still a loss.

> This is basically a poll of gamers, though, so maybe the PS3 will be a
> run-away hit, as a Blu-Ray player?  It's possible.  I think Nintendo is
> taking the right approach, though, and concentrating on being a fun gaming
> device.  They'll leave it to Microsoft and Sony (and probably Apple) to
> fight over non-gaming living room functions.

I played with the previous generation of the Nintendo console back in Easter.
My cousins have it. It was quite nice, but at the same time very annoying to
be beaten by a 12- and 10-year-old. They know their games!

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
  1:05am  up 57 days 13:17,  9 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.12, 0.29