Re: [News] When the Operating System Costs More Than a Computer...

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:28:53 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> B Gruff once said (or was it Jim?) that Microsoft raises UK prices with the
> premise (excuse) that localisation costs extra money (development time).

That's a stupid argument.

Haven't you ever noticed that almost all imported products have UK prices
are the same in pounds as they are US Dollars?  CD's cost £16 and are $16
in the US, the exact same TV is £499 but in the US it's $499?

I'm guessing this is tariff related, but every time i've ever been in the
UK, with few exceptions that rule has been the case.