[News] Even Windows Users Program for Linux, Microsoft Helplessly Sponsors PHP

PHP, Windows: Not an Oxymoron?

,----[ Quote ]
| Most PHP developers use a Windows desktop to develop their code, but then
| turn to Linux when it comes time to deploy their apps. It's a situation
| that Microsoft is hoping to change.
|
| [...]
|
| Though Microsoft is a sponsor of the php|works conference, Stagner noted
| for the record that Microsoft did not pay for him to speak and he wasn't
| lost and knows that the conference isn't TechED.

This seems like a filthy trend. Microsoft sponsors Open Source conferences in
hope of poisoning the minds of attendants and suck up to the rival. It is a
case of smiling at a crocodile.

Recent example:

LinuxChix Brazil Meeting - Webcast, teachers and sponsors

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxchix.org.br/?q=node/72