Re: [News] Microsoft Haredware Presents Mouse-Keyboard Combo, As Expensive as a PC

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Thursday 14 September 2006 18:00 \__

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060913:MTFH26987_2006-09-13_20-29-17_N13458761&type=comktNews&rpc=44
>> http://tinyurl.com/kr8qm
>>
>> I never relised there was a department named Microsoft(ware) Hardware.
>> With the XBox/games department, it's clearly an ever-extending monopoly.
>> Media, information, games/applications, appliances, services, shops...
>
> They've had hardware for awhile.  There is or was
> a Microsoft Sidewinder Gamevoice (I have one) and a
> few joysticks, for example.  It's not as profitable
> as software, of course -- longer turn times, higher
> manufacturing costs, and smaller margins.

it would be ironic if they ended up just manufacturing hardware and security
software for survival. Moreso if it was all targetted at Linux. Get OneKare
for your JoyStick if You feel MicroSoft.

> And of course they have the Xbox, Xbox 360, and
> all of its surrounding stuff like controllers.

You're telling me...

They're controller freaks.

> This looks to be more of the same -- all they're
> promoting here is a keyboard-mouse combo that costs
> more than the $100 laptop some third-world Linux users
> might be using.  Presumably, it will work great with
> one's Microsoft-compatible TV system, which is running a
> Microsoft OS (Windows Vista Media Edition or some such).

It's not that good.

 http://youtube.com/watch?v=8gtYoPGvcFI

--
Roy S. Schestowitz     | Kernel panic - more exciting than being /.'ted
  6:05pm  up 56 days  6:17,  10 users,  load average: 0.68, 0.48, 0.45